I just came back from my first Newcastle United game. The game was great! NUFC played leicester city and won 1-0. The only sad part was that it was raining the whole time! The game was intense and so were the fans. The tickets that we got were amazing... front row seat, next to the corner post. The stadium was packed with white and black striped colored shirts (i need to buy one.. i felt so left out) and the Newcastle united chants were heard all over the stadium. TOON TOON, Black and white army..TOON TOON.. black and white army TOON TOON...
The NUFC has such a big fan base that there were so many security guards in the stadium. The stadium even leaves a whole block of seats empty so that NUFC fans dont get in fight with away team fans. Also, even though we were not playing Sunderland (a premier League team and next door neighbor) and a huge rival of Newcastle United, the fans were chanting songs calling Sunderland ..a Scumberland. as I said INTENSE!
Last week went by pretty fast. There is so much to learn in such a little time. I had my first experience with cadavers. The cadavers were already prosected so I did not have to dissect it. I think its good because I dont think I have to time to spend three to four hours digging through fat to expose a nerve or an artery. I will get my experience when I go to Grenada.
My long weekend went pretty fast.. mostly studying. I think I made a mistake by studying anatomy all three days as after saturday I was not able to absorb much. I think going to the game was a great decision as I was able to get my mind off of studying and just enjoy and relax for that moment.
Life is good! Missing everyone back home. I am eagerly waiting for my two packages!
Hi Abhi,
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad that you are making the most out of this experience. Yes, i know you are eagerly waiting for the parcel- :)
Chal, talk to you soon.
love,
Gotu
*posts comment*
ReplyDeleteHey Abhinav look, you got another comment!! :)
p.s. the stadium looks intense, I can't wait to see a game!
Time for an update! :)
ReplyDelete